From its humble origins on PSOne, the PES series has leaped from format to format, adding ever more realism as it evolved. This heritage has been celebrated in PES 2016’s new tagline ‘Love The Past, Play The Future’, highlighting the series’ recent return to core PES values in last year’s PES 2015 and focusing on the many new gameplay and presentational elements that will further establish the series as the definitive football experience.
- Fresh Gameplay: Exciting advancements reaffirming the PES series as having the No.1 gameplay.
- Advanced Collision System: The physicality of the modern game has been realised in PES 2016 with a significantly improved collision system, calculating how players interact, creating a unique outcome depending on type of impact.
- Aerial Strength: With the new physicality system, aerial battles are a completely unique experience this year. Use the left stick to battle the opposition to disrupt a larger more powerful player, or find the best position to make the header/volley.
- 1v1 Control: In PES 2016 the 1v1 player control have been enhanced, offering a wide range of movements with the existing controls.
- Perfect Defence: Performing a tackle at the perfect time will powerfully shove the player out of the way to secure the ball. The ball will immediately be yours, creating direct turnarounds and counter opportunities.
Release Date: 15/09/2015
Available on: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Windows, PC, PC Download
IGN Video Review
Play the Game
- Intelligent Player AI: 2-3 player combination play will be available by the improved concept of team strategy, which depends on the type of tactic you set for your team. Players no longer are reliant on manually triggering a 1-2, with teammates intelligently running off passes into space.
- Goal Keeper ID: In a bid to improve quality and add unique individuality in performance, new goal keeper parameters have been added, that now vary in Catching, Clearance, Collapsing and Deflecting.
- Celebration Control: New for the series, players have full control over goal celebrations to maximize their excitement when scoring!
- New Master League: The famous and hugely popular Master League sees a total revamp, allowing users to immerse themselves in the managerial world of soccer.
- New Visuals: Incorporating the many advancements of Fox Engine the visuals have seen a huge upgrade.
- Dynamic Weather: For the first time in the PES series dynamic weather has been introduced, with the chance of rain starting during the game.
- Human Motion: Seeking to humanize player movement, 3x new animations have been added to bring the in-game superstars to life.
- New Ball Physics: The past few years has seen the series make huge advancements in ball physics, and for PES 2016 new levels of realism have been reached.
- Quality Improvements demanded by you myClub: Since the launch of the mode in PES 2015, myClub has been updated on a weekly basis, and now have been further improved based on user feedback for PES 2016. The enhancement will introduce player level systems, and players exclusive to the mode. Use GP acquired through matches or myClub coins to experience realistic club management combined with players to strive to be stronger in your squad. Choose the manager, consider coaches, and build the strategy based on what you aim with your team. Build Your Team, Create Your legacy!
- Dynamic Wide Camera Angle: The new angle gives you a larger field of view, allowing you to better plan and adjust your players to compete in aerial battles, or see the intelligent runs being made thanks to Intelligent Player AI. Depending on where the ball is on the pitch, the camera will tilt and zoom in/out to make sure the user has the best view possible during the match
Play the Game
Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 is developed by https://www.konami.com/en/.